Hi everyone!! I’m so excited to share this new project with you. I did skip ahead in my Paris photos in order to create this Paris mini album featuring The Eiffel Tower and my love for Paris. This mini actually started out as an October 2013 Halloween Mini Album Kit designed by Jenni Bowlin that I purchased at JBS Mercantile. To transform Jenni’s kit, I took out the orange and the spooky and added the pink and the Paris. I did follow the kit’s instuctions, but customized them by changing things up; adding items and taking items away to suit my needs.
- Cover – I added a black embossed Eiffel Tower, pink trim, and letter’s cut from the included Bazzil Basics Halloween word stickers.
- Inside front cover – I used the included chalkboard paint and marker to design my inside cover and added iridescent star sequins.
- Page I front – I love the JBS sillohette rub-ons included in the kit, especially because I had used the silhouette images in a recent Paris layout. I added the JBS chewing gum paint to use with the JBS Fishnet stencil and added a word sticker from 7gypsies.
- Page 1 back – I added an October Afternoon label sticker and some journalling.
- Page 2 front – I made a black and white photocopy on cardstock of my photo and painted in some pink clouds.
- Page 2 back – I added Echo Park patterned paper from the So Happy Together collection, a Webster’s Pages flower, and pink butterfly sequins.
- Page 3 front – I added the JBS Black Vellum Butterfly and some embroidery floss to this JBS Clock rub-on.
- Page 3 back – I add this double-sided mulberry paper from my stash to the JBS Black Skinny Alpha stickers and the black German foil trim from the kit.
- Page 4 front – I trimmed my photocopy to fit the included Lilybee Index Journaling Cards and added trim.
- Page 4 back – I added the quote and 7 gypsies sticker onto the Echo Park pink paper.
- Page 5 front – To this JBS Photographers Mark rub-on, I added a butterfly punched out of the mulberry paper and topped it with a Black JBS Butterfly sticker, which I backed with another butterfly sticker, so that once I attached it with the staple I could fold up the wings for some added dimension.
- Page 5 back – Here I added the gold embossed Eiffel Tower and a little description of what actually happened for the Year 2000 celebration. Even though we weren’t actaully in Paris then, I really wanted to use the count down on The Eiffel Tower as an underlying theme in the mini as it could only be seen in 1999, the year we were there.
- Page 6 front – This is a color photocopy that I sized down to fit the Lilybee index card. I added a different trim, some gold confetti stars, and a vintage button.
- Page 6 back – Recording the actual date we were in Paris. I added an October Afternoon label sticker and some gold JBS sequins along with the included Bazzill Basics Kraft die cut numbers.
- Inside back over – To give The Eiffel Tower that chalkboard look, I used a Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paris Holiday stencil and Claudine Hellmuth Studio Blank Canvas paint . I added gems from my stash.
- Back cover – I covered the back cover with the included JBS Mercantile exclusive patterned paper to match the front cover. I then added the JBS Mercantile Film Negatives stamp. On the stamp I recorded what envelope of my Paris pictures these photos came from (4 out of 5) and which frames on that roll of film (yes film) these photo are. I also stamp all my Paris layouts on the back like this.
Ahhh…Paris love! With this mini, I am linking up to Paper Issues Fallin’ For You Issue. I definitely fell for Paris when I was there and now that I am currently scrapping all my Paris photos, I am falling for Paris and all things French all over again!!
I really loved Jenni’s original Halloween mini when I first saw it!! I had been thinking of creating a Paris mini for a while and when I saw the black and cream polka dotted paper and the included rub-ons in her kit the ideas to add pink and Paris started. This was such a fun and challenging project to work on and I think it makes a nice additon to my Paris Series. Click here to see the cover of Jenni’s Halloween mini.
Supplies I used from the kit: JBS Circle Chipboard Mini book; JBS large tart tin; Lilybee Design Index Journaling Cards Harvest Market Collection; Americana Chalkboard paint; Marvy Uchida Chalk marker; JBS Mercantile pattern paper; Bazzill Basics Halloween word stickers; black cardstock; black German foil trim; JBS Rub-On singles; Bazzill Basics Kraft die cut numbers; JBS Black Skinny Alpha stickers; JBS Kraft folder; 2 small manilla tags.
Supplies I added: Cardstock: Paper Reflections(pink); Patterned paper: Echo Park So Happy Together-Neighbor; Mulberry paper: The Paper Company; Stickers: 7gypsies Collection Stickers-Trousseau; October Afternoon Label Sticker-Postmarked, JBS Butterfly Black Stickers; Embellishments: Vellum Butterflies-Black, Webster’s Pages Perfect Petals-pink flower; Clear stamps: Stampendous! Charm Collection, JBS Mercantile; Trims: Simplicity; Sequins: JBS April, June kits; Paint: Jenni Bowlin for Ranger, Claudine Hellmuth Studio; Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; Tiny Attacher: Tim Holtz; Embossing Powder: American Crafts Zing-Gold, Stampendous! Stamp-n Stuff-Detail Black; Stencils; JBS, Claudine Hellmuth Studio; Other: embroidery floss, vintage button, confetti, gems.
I’m so glad you stopped by to see my latest project!! I will see you soon with a new Paris layout!
UPDATE: My Paris Mini Album is being featured today, November 12, on the Jenni Bowlin Studio Facebook Page!! You can see it over there by clicking here. Thanks JBS!!!